Monday, February 23, 2009















1) Bags to the floor





2) Texture, so you don't slip in the middle of the night when you are running to the bathroom and end up with a sore hip and wet pants...





3) I would be so bored if I weren't





4) From the internet. Search Paperbag floors. Then I decided to stain it after looking at cement staining.
* Cost- Acrylic Varnish 3 cans @ $50 and stain around $30, but I have enough stain for baseboards and mouldings to finish the kitchen. Around $160. Cost of Cheap Lino ($2sf)for my floor about $500
* I am also going to start a few layers of oil-based varnish because acrylic paint doesn't come off acrylic varnish very well. The reason I used it in the first place was so that I could do it while I was home with the boys: Non-toxic smell & dries super fast. But we will take a trip and put a toxic layer on.





*The Final project feels very much like Lino and cleans well, minus the paint (same chemical content etc. ), in case you were wondering.





And for Brenda the boys room included:

2 comments:

SwEaRiKa said...

Well, it looks awesome! ANd I'm glad you are blogging now. It is like we are friends and stuff... you know. :)

Brenda said...

I seriously love the Cars theme. You did an awesome job painting the mural --- it is so cute for your little boys!!